Lee's Creamy Potato Soup.
You can have Lee's Creamy Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lee's Creamy Potato Soup
- It's 3 Tablespoons of Butter.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 Cup of Celery Stalks (small dice).
- You need 1 of Small Yellow Onion (small dice).
- You need 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- It's 5 Cups of Medium Diced Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Carton.(32oz) Low Sodium Chicken Stock.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- It's 1 Cup of Half and Half Cream.
- Prepare of Corn Starch Slurry.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need To Taste of Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Chopped Celery Tops (green leaves).
Lee's Creamy Potato Soup instructions
- In a 6 quartl stock pot, sauté celery and onion in butter and olive oil until just tender. 5-7 minutes. Add garlic towards the end..
- Add diced potatoes, chicken stock, and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are fork tender. 13-15 minutes Do not bring to a full boil. Note: This is the time to season with salt..
- When potatoes are fork tender, add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Then add cornstarch slurry. (1/4 Cup warm water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch well blended) Bring back to a simmer..
- Add cheese a little at a time and allow to fully melt. Use a simple hand held potato masher to get the consistency you want. Note: I do not recommend using a blender to get a smooth soup. It will turn into a glue. Yuck. A food mill or potato ricer is a much better option..
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add chopped celery leaves and enjoy. Garnish with bacon bits, sour cream, chives etc..