Tomato Basil Soup.
You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- You need 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 1 of sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- You need 1 c of celery.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of sugar.
- It's of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- It's 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Prepare 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.