Creamy White Bean Soup.
You can have Creamy White Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy White Bean Soup
- You need 4 slices of uncooked thick sliced bacon.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It's 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each dried thyme, pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of packed cups roughly torn kale.
Creamy White Bean Soup instructions
- Start by dicing up the bacon. The easiest way to do this is to pop the slices in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until it firms up, then take it out and snip it with some sharp kitchen shears. Hands down, this is the easiest way to cut up raw bacon..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is browned and crispy. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a towel lined plate, but leave about 1 tbsp. of the drippings in the pot. Add the celery, onion and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften up, about 5 or so minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the drained beans, broth, cream and seasonings to the pot and give it all a good stir. Let it come up to a low boil. Then reduce the heat down a bit and let everything simmer for about 20 or so minutes. At this point, taste it and add any additional seasonings that you think it needs..
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to give the soup a couple of quick blitzes, until it's your desired consistency. Or you could just blend half the soup in a blender, then stir it back in. Then immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, the cooked bacon and the kale. Once the greens wilt into the soup, you're ready to serve..