Roasted butternut squash soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! This delicious roasted butternut squash soup sums up the taste of the holidays in one spoon. You can have Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- It's 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- You need 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- It's 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 16 oz of heavy cream.
- You need 48 oz of chicken broth.
- You need of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare of sour cream to top.
Rosemary, sage and thyme, need I say more? It was a silky butternut squash soup that first converted me. Since then, I've tried all kinds of butternut squash soup. Today I've got a super simple five-ingredient roasted butternut squash soup recipe for you—with three ways to spice it up!
Roasted butternut squash soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup - This easy butternut squash soup recipe is truly the best with its simple flavors - the sweetness of the roasted This simple butternut squash soup is a welcome addition to the vegan soup recipes and I look forward to making it many more times during the season. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor For the best butternut squash soup, you'll want to use Roasted Butternut Squash. Because roasting caramelizes and intensifies the natural. Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples.