Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. This comforting chicken soup tastes like it took hours to make but comes together in a flash. Rinse kale thoroughly in cold water, shake off excess water, then. Cubes of cooked chicken and brown rice are added to this creamy soup made with roasted garlic chicken broth and roux-thickened milk.
Pour over chicken broth and milk and season with salt and pepper. Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. A salad inspired by the flavours of chicken and wild rice soup on a bed of kale with a tasty creamy asiago and white balsamic pan sauce dressing. You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- It's 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- It's 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 3 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- It's 2 tbs of flour.
- It's 2 tbs of butter.
- It's 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- It's 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It's 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- It's 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It's 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
Up next I have another salad for you and this one is based on the flavours of a creamy chicken and wide rice soup! This salad of course starts out with. Go ahead and flag this chicken and wild rice recipe—it's sure to become a family favorite. A pot of pure comfort, it's a slightly thickened, creamy chicken soup with a finishing garnish of smoky bacon.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Add onion, carrots and celery and sauté until slightly tender. Stir in the chicken broth, thyme, sage, rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whenever I'm in need of a nourishing, soothing meal, I turn to this creamy chicken and rice soup. Although noodles tend to get all the attention, I actually prefer my chicken soup flecked. This homemade chicken and rice soup is a favorite soup of ours!