Caramelized Tomato Soup. .most comforting soups in existence—tomato soup and French onion soup—into one powerhouse of a bowl. Bring the soup to a boil. With fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, caramelized onions, and basil, this delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is easily enjoyed year-round.
Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! Turn on your oven, toss those canned tomatoes in, and roast them until they're caramelized and sweet, and you've got the base for a killer tomato soup that will warm you up all fall and winter long. Here are easy & delicious tomato soup recipes you can try since they hold amazing health benefits. You can cook Caramelized Tomato Soup using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Tomato Soup
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes, very ripe.
- Prepare 2 of cans diced tomatoes (14oz. each).
- It's 1 of tbsp tomato paste.
- It's 2 of small to medium carrots.
- It's 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 of cloves garlic.
- Prepare 200 gr of elbow or any other small pasta (7oz).
- Prepare 170 gr of panela cheese (6oz).
- You need 2 of tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 3 of tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of tbsp sour cream.
- It's of to taste tarragon.
- Prepare of to taste salt (I use pink Himalaya salt).
- It's of to taste freshly ground black pepper.
Begin by chopping the onions finely and fry them in a little oil until caramelized. Add tomatoes, white sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes in with the onions; stir to combine. Tomato and Parmesan Focaccia with Caramelized Onions. Arrange tomato slices between several layers of paper towels.
Caramelized Tomato Soup instructions
- Chop carrots, celery, and fresh tomatoes, reserve. Chop onion and garlic..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes, put in a bowl and reserve for later use..
- Drain the canned tomatoes over a bowl. Use a spoon to squeeze the tomatoes and get them as dry as possible. Save the juice!.
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tbsp butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Add carrots, celery, and the fresh tomatoes. Cover and let cook until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the drained canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently, until the tomatoes caramelize, about 15 minutes..
- While the tomatoes caramelize, boil a pot with salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot, mix with the rest of the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Once the tomatoes are caramelized, add the strained juice from the canned tomatoes, plus 2 cups water to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, partly covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes (the vegetables should be very tender at the end).
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pureé. Careful: soup is very hot; start at a low speed and gradually increase it to avoid splattering. Watch for your desired texture: I prefer a a more chunky soup, but you can pureé until silky smooth if you want. Once blended, return to saucepan..
- Add the buttered pasta to the soup and mix well..
- Divide the cheese into plates and scoop the soup on top. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of tarragon. Enjoy!.
This tomato soup is excellent with canned tomatoes. I love using whole peeled tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. By the way, we love San Marzano Tomatoes and are always pleased with tomatoes from. Often flour is used to thicken tomato soup. Remove from heat, and blend soup with immersion blender or in blender or food processor until.