Cream of jalapeño soup. This is a simple cream soup base livened up with onion, carrot, bell and jalapeno peppers and topped with cheese. Very yummy and you can control the heat, if you like by reducing the amount of jalapeno. This amount we find nicely spicy but not hot.
Here's an unexpected way of using jalapeño peppers. For a soup with less spice, you can carefully scrape out the ribs of the jalapeños before chopping. Good food from all parts of the world. You can cook Cream of jalapeño soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of jalapeño soup
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 10 of large jalapeños.
- It's 4 piece of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of half@ half.
- You need 2 cup of Gruyere, cheese grated.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- It's 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need 2 of limes.
- It's 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Roasted Jalapeno Soup (Rockfish Restaurant Copycat)Food.com. Move over cream of mushroom, there's something spicier in town. If you love the heat, cream of jalapeño soup leaves you feeling good: it fills you up and satisfies that spice craving all in one. It's a chili lover's comfort food, no doubt, and it's very easy to make.
Cream of jalapeño soup step by step
- Melt butter, add onions, celery, and peppers. Sautee until soft. 10 minutes..
- Add flour, stir constantly until thick and bubbly. Add garlic powder and nutmeg..
- Increase heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes..
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir often to ensure no lumps. Add handful of cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and half@ half.
- Put in blender until smooth. I used an immersion hand blender. Add grated cheese, salt , pepper to taste. Mix well..
- Serve with a squeeze of lime, chopped cilantro, and sour cream. I crumbled tortilla chips on top. Yumm!.
Try this Cream of Jalapeno Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Add to the broth/cream and stir to thicken (remember that cheese will be added later and the soup will continue to thicken). Add in to the broth/cream and stir to thicken (remember which cheese will be added later and the soup will continue to thicken). Removing the seeds is like removing the. If you love the creamy jalapeno sauce from Chuy's, you're in luck—this copycat version tastes just like the one they serve at the restaurant.