Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk.
This creamy, comforting soup really chases away the chills on cold fall or winter nights. Turn to this recipe when you need to use up leftover turkey from a holiday meal. Add turkey and Worcestershire sauce; heat through. You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- You need 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- You need 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- You need 1 of lg sweet potato.
- It's 2 tbs of butter.
- It's 1 qt of whipping cream.
- It's 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- Prepare 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- You need 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- Prepare 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- You need of Texas toast.
Scott Stankowski teams up with Chef Thad from Michele's Restaurant and Catering to share his recipe for Cream of Turkey Wild Rice Soup! How to make Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Start by sautéing the mushrooms, celery, carrots, and onion in a large stock pot. Add in the flour, followed Add the quick cooking wild rice and let simmer until tender.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add in the turkey gravy, half and half, and the left over turkey. Wild rice is cooked in chicken broth, then combined with turkey, bacon and cream in this warm soup seasoned with poultry seasoning and green onions. This is the best turkey rice soup I have ever experienced. I have made it four or five times since I found the recipe back at Thanksgiving time and it. A creamy rice, turkey and vegetable soup made in the slow cooker.