Cream of pea soup. The soup's pretty spring color is perfect for the season! Make with fresh or frozen peas. Enjoy on its own or as a starter for a special spring meal!
Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea. It is, with variations, a part of the cuisine of many cultures. It is most often greyish-green or yellow in color depending on the regional variety of peas used; all are cultivars of Pisum sativum. You can cook Cream of pea soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of pea soup
- It's 3 cups of chicken stock.
- It's 11/2 cups of canned peas put through sieve.
- It's 3 cups of half and half.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Celery salt.
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
- It's of Paprika.
A wonderful, creamy pea soup, a must try for pea soup lovers! The flavor was traditional pea soup. The problem was after pureeing it was so visually unappealing. It might be pretty good with just stirring in the cream cheese without blending the soup.
Cream of pea soup instructions
- Heat stock peas and milk in double boiler.
- Melt butter blend with flour add to hot stock.
- Mix thoroughly add seasoning.
- Little whipped cream and paprika before serving..
Frozen Pea Soup - Homemade Green Pea Soup. The freshness and creamy mouthfeel from a simple homemade soup on a rainy day in fall or cold winters Always thaw in the fridge overnight for the best results. Can I use cream instead of milk for this frozen pea soup? Steam your peas then run the Vitamix till soup texture. I make soup every week (similar to this but correctly) The ONLY good thing about this recipe is the Just throw everything into the pot with a little stock then puree in Vitamix and DONE.