Cream of Celery soup. A classic cream of celery soup. Like cabbage, celery is an oft neglected vegetable, prized for its place in a mirepoix, but rarely the star of the show. Celery soup, with a supporting cast of some onion, leeks, and a little cream, is utterly delicious, and the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day.
I whipped it up to use as the base for a Creamy Cabbage & Kielbasa Soup I was developing for dinner that evening (oh so good and recipe to come!) but it was so good that I was really tempted to eat it plain and just make something else for dinner. Come home to a warming bowlful of this scrumptious, low-fat soup. Satisfying and simple to make, this homemade soup is a great light This easy recipe for Creamy Celery Soup has no cream, making it a low-fat, vegan version of cream of celery soup that's healthy & delicious. You can cook Cream of Celery soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Celery soup
- Prepare of Soup stock.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery.
- It's 2 of diced sweet onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of light margerine.
- It's 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It's 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- It's 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's of Cream base.
- You need 2 cup of nonfat milk.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of parsley.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Celery Soup - Delicate and flavorful, this creamy vegan soup recipe is incredibly simple, healthy and easy to make from scratch using celery, potato, leek, fresh dill and parsley, and it's deliciously creamy without the cream! With tons of celery leftover after updating this Lemony Kale & White Bean Soup. This cream of celery soup is healthy, easy, fresh, delicious and light. It's naturally vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free (thanks to a little coconut milk).
Cream of Celery soup step by step
- Chop celery into small pieces. Use the entire bunch (~4 cups). Reserve the leaves for garnish..
- Chop onions into small chunks..
- Melt light margerine into a large saucepot or dutch oven. Add celery and onions and saute for ~5 minutes..
- Add wine, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- While celery stock is on simmer, combine evaporated milk and skim milk and heat on low. Stir to keep from scalding..
- Remove celery stock from heat and let cool a few minutes. Run batches through a blender to puree the soup stock..
- Return pureed soup to pot and add cream base. Add parsley and nutmeg and simmer ~12 minutes..
- Serve hot garnished with a celery leaf, and a sprinkling of parsley or nutmeg..
- May be refrigerated for two days prior to serving..
It's a good thing holidays are spaced out fairly evenly…so I have time to pile on the greens between the mounds of chocolate. Welcome to my version of balance. Simple Celery Soup - one the BEST recipes! If using cashew cream, adding a little splash of lemon juice, enlivens the soup. Sour cream and yogurt have a natural tanginess, so you may not.