Brad's cashew chicken. Cashew chicken (Chinese: 腰果雞丁) is a Chinese-American dish that combines chicken (usually stir-fried but occasionally deep-fried, depending on the variation). Learn how to make my easy Cashew Chicken recipe! A great stir fry recipe for a quick dinner idea!
I was recently asked what dish from childhood I remember the most. Cashew chicken (my mom made hers with. Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe made with juicy tender chicken, sweet bell pepper, buttery cashews, all coated in a sweet and savory garlic sauce. You can have Brad's cashew chicken using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cashew chicken
- You need of For the sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- It's 1 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of sake.
- It's 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of dry mustard.
- It's 3/4 tbs of ground ginger.
- It's 4 of compacted tbs brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need 1 (15 Oz) of can whole baby sweet corn.
- It's 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- You need 3 of LG chicken breasts. Fileted in half then cut to 3/4 " cubes.
- Prepare 6 Oz of petite sweet carrots.
- You need 1 of LG shallot diced.
- It's 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch bok choy. Sliced thin. Only the whites.
- Prepare 2 of small heads broccoli. Small florets.
- It's 5 Oz of roasted, unsalted, whole cashews.
- It's 1 of "x 2" piece if ginger root. Peel, slice, smash, then mince.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions for garnish.
Better than take-out, learn how to make this delicious. Toss the chicken with cornstarch mixture. Heat a wok or frying pan to a high heat and add cooking oil. Add the cashews and serve immediately over a bed of white rice.
Brad's cashew chicken step by step
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Stir occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large wok. Add chicken, shallots, ginger root, and carrots. Sprinkle with 5 spice. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not drain liquid..
- Add garlic, bok choy, and broccoli. Cover with a lid. Stir fry until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally..
- When tender, add baby corn, water chestnuts, cashews, and sauce. Bring to a simmer uncovered. Simmer until sauce thickens..
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with green onions and siracha sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Cashew chicken is no doubt a winner by these metrics. The chicken breast is briefly marinated, resulting in juicy, tender bites that are very flavorful. The sauce is made from rich oyster sauce, a. The cashews hidden throughout this dish are definitely what take the chicken over the top! In this variation on a stir-fry, whole ribs of bok choy steam on top of chicken tenderloins, saving a step.