Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce. Panang curry with chicken represents the diversity of Thailand's southern region. Panang refers to the island of Penang in Northern Malaysia bordering southern Thailand. I have ordered Panang chicken curry numerous times at Thai restaurants, and experimented with homemade version nearly as many times.
Thai chicken panang curry is a rich curry with complex flavors. Fry curry until you see oil separates from the curry paste. Prior to adding fish sauce, taste your curry. You can have Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce
- It's 4 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It's 2 cups of panko.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It's 1 tbs of each; garlic powder, dry mustard, ginger, sea salt.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 of servings white rice, prepared.
- You need 1 of lg shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 of baby bok choy, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 of seranno peppers, seeded and minced.
- Prepare 3 Oz of oyster mushrooms, sliced thin.
- It's 1 of medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced.
- You need 8 of leaves, thai basil. Chopped, plus some for garnish.
- It's 2 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 jar of panang curry simmer sauce.
There is a great amount of salt in store bought. Thai chicken panang curry is a rich curry with complex flavors. This Thai panang curry recipe is SO easy to make at home and tastes better than take-out! This recipe is full of veggies and fresh flavor.
Brad's fried chicken with thai panang curry sauce step by step
- Add shallot, bok choy, pepper, and mushroom to a heated fry pan with a little oil. Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and spices in a bowl. Eggs in another, and panko in another. In another fry pan heat oil for frying on medium low.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in oven or microwave. Until soft. Set aside to cool. When cool cube to 1 ".
- When veggies are tender, add zucchini and basil. Cook 4 more minutes. Add sauce and potatoes. Simmer on low until sauce thickens slightly..
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then panko. Fry on medium low until browned and cooked through..
- Plate rice, then top with chicken. The top with sauce, garnish with basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
If you are vegetarian (holler), vegan or have shellfish allergies, you'll want to find a panang curry paste that doesn't contain shrimp or fish sauce. Thai panang chicken curry (also spelled penang like the northern Malaysian state) features a warm, rich red curry with flavor notes from Malaysia, Burma, and India. Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients in the Thai panang sauce. All of them require little to no preparation and are simply. Add the chicken, tamarind paste, fish sauce and sugar.