Spring/Egg Rolls (Chicken/Shrimp).
You can have Spring/Egg Rolls (Chicken/Shrimp) using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spring/Egg Rolls (Chicken/Shrimp)
- Prepare 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of rice wine or white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chicken.
- It's 15 of large shrimp peeled, deveined and minced.
- You need 2 tbs of sesame oil.
- It's 2-3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger freshly grated.
- It's 2 of green onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrots grated.
- You need 2 tbs of oyster sauce.
- It's 60 of spring rolls.
- You need 2 cups of cooking oil.
Spring/Egg Rolls (Chicken/Shrimp) step by step
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine, black pepper and corn starch.
- Heat wok and add 1 tsp of the sesame oil.
- Add chicken and shrimp to work, cook.
- Add marinade to chicken and shrimp. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring until all marinade is combines with the chicken and shrimp..
- Remove chicken and shrimp from wok..
- Wipe, don't wash, wok clean. Return to stove top and add 1 tsp sesame oil..
- Add garlic to wok and just as the garlic turns slightly brown, add ginger and onion. Save about a tsp of garlic for cooking oil..
- After about 1 minute, add cabbage and carrots to garlic mixture. Stir for about 2 minutes, just until cabbage starts to soften..
- Add chicken, then toss in soy sauce..
- Using a paper towel, line bottom of a baking pan and spread chicken over paper towel. This will allow the excess liquid to be absorbed..
- Prepare the egg rolls first before heating the oil..
- For each won ton wrapper, fill with 2 tsp of chicken and shrimp mixture..
- Fill a bowl with water. Dip your index finger in the water and trace the 4 corner edges with the water. Roll and seal. Repeat.
- Heat oil with garlic. When garlic turns slightly brown, remove garlic. You want to capture that slight hint of garlic with these bad boys..
- Place egg rolls in oil and cook until bottom is brown, flip and continue cooking until all sides are brown..
- Remoce and place on paper towel to drain oil. Top with the garlic you removed from the oil..