You can have Teriyaki Chicken using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken
- You need 500 of grans Chicken thighs.
- It's 100 Grams of Cabbage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Say Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- It's 3 tbsp of Sake (Japanese cooking wine).
- It's 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salad Oil (Fried Oil).
Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- Finely slice the cabbage and immerse in water for 7 - 8 minutes to make it crispy fresh, and then drain well..
- Poke holes into the surface of the chicken with a fork. (That way, it won't shrink and will absorb more flavor when cooked.).
- Mix the Say Sauce, Mirin and marinate the chicken. Leave for 10 minutes and turn over from time to time. Remove the excess moisture from the chicken..
- Heat a frying pan and add the salad oil. Place the skin side down. Heat over high heat till golden brown and turn over..
- When both sides of the chicken turn golden brown, turn the heat down to medium and cover. Steam cook for 5 minutes..
- Turn the heat back to high and add the leftover marinade and sauce it well onto the chicken for 1 minute. Cut the chicken into bite size..
- Soy Sauce - High recommend this soy sauce which is named Yamasa Konbutsuyu - SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc.
- Hinode Hon Mirin SG$4.6/320ml at RedMart. I think you can find it at FairPrice..