You can cook Salmon Chowder using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Chowder
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of skinless salmon fillets, all brown skin removed, cut into 1 inche pieces.
- It's 6 slice of of bacon.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks,sliced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, sliced.
- You need 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- It's 3 medium of red potatos, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 8 oz of clam juice.
- It's 16 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of frrsh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cajun seasning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It's 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 4 of sliced green onions.
Salmon Chowder step by step
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crispy, remove to paper towels to drain..
- Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and potatos to pan bacon was cooked in.Soften vegetables, about 5 minutes..
- Add clam juice, chicken stock,thyme, cajun seasoning, pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce,bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until potatos are tender, uncovered, about 10 minutes, add cream and cook on low 15 minutes..
- Add salmon, and poach just until cooked through 3 to 4 minutes..
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and green onions..
- NOTE, if ou want to prepare this chowder in advance than follow directions except do not add the salmon until right before serving. The chowder base can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated..