Coleslaw. Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage salad'), also known as cole slaw or simply slaw, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. This easy and creamy coleslaw dressing is a breeze to make and much better than store-bought dressing! Here's a classic coleslaw recipe made with thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and green onion.
As in, the classic, with green cabbage, shredded carrots, and creamy If you're looking for a solid, dependable coleslaw that promises to play nice with all the burgers and. Our favorite coleslaw dressing is quick to make and calls for simple ingredients. Coleslaw is easy to make in advance. You can cook Coleslaw using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- It's of Veggies:.
- It's 1 of Small Cabbage.
- You need 1 of Large Carrot.
- It's 1/4 of Large Red Onion (1/2 if it's small).
- It's of Dressing:.
- It's 1 Cup of Mayo.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- It's 3 Tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Fresh Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Water.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Dried Parsley.
The vegetables can be shredded a day or two in advance and kept in a resealable. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Cole slaw" redirects here. Make it creamy or light to enjoy with your barbecue. Type of cabbage for Coleslaw - green cabbage is the classic.
- Slice or chop your vegetables how you like them and place in a bowl. I sliced all mine thin. In a separate bowl mix your ingredients for your dressing. Make sure you taste it and I recommend let it sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let the flavors meld together. Once the dressing tastes good to you mix it in to your veggies. Once combined well cover and place in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour..
- This coleslaw goes perfect over pulled pork sandwiches..
- It will last up to 3 days covered in your fridge. **The longer it sets the more the salt and acid breaks down the slaw and you'll notice it get a little runny. That's fine just strain it if you like..
Coleslaw is a summer staple, perfect at barbecues or atop a pile of pulled pork. But our easy coleslaw recipes are brilliant all year round from Tom Kerridge's hardcore coleslaw to the Hairy Bikers' light. All your cooking needs in one place. This Classic Coleslaw Recipe is a fresh, made from scratch recipe that will make you never buy store bought coleslaw again! Vinegar Coleslaw is an excellent no mayo coleslaw recipe for those who love coleslaw but don't love mayonnaise.