Ginger Pork (shogayaki). Today I want share Shogayaki (Ginger Pork) recipe, which is one of the most common pork dishes we make at home. Shoga (生姜) means ginger and yaki means grill or fry in Japanese. Pork shogayaki (生姜焼き, ginger pork) is a thinly sliced sautéed pork full of ginger flavour, which makes the sauce so tasty.
Pork Shogayaki (豚の生姜焼き; buta no shogayaki) is a dish in Japanese cuisine. Shōga (生姜) means ginger, and yaki (焼き) means grill or fry. It can also be made with beef, but the pork version is so much more popular that the term "shogayaki" generally refers only to pork in Japan. You can cook Ginger Pork (shogayaki) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ginger Pork (shogayaki)
- Prepare Slices of pork 200grams.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need of Ginger 1 teaspoon grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Wheat flour.
- It's of Salt (small amount).
- Prepare of Mayo small amount(optional).
- It's of Cabbage 1/6 of the whole.
- It's of Green onions small amount(garnish, optional).
We are making Japanese salarymen's one of the most popular dishes, Pork Shogayaki also known as ginger pork! The ginger sauce spices up your appetite, and this. Ginger pork is a favorite stable for the Japanese salary man. This shogayaki recipe is easy to make for yourself at home with a few Ginger Pork - Pork Shogayaki (豚の生姜焼き).
Ginger Pork (shogayaki) instructions
- Slice cabbage and green onions while the cutting board is clean. These are garnishes..
- On a plate or cutting board, salt sliced pork lightly and coat it with flour..
- Grate some ginger..
- In a frying pan, cook the pork in medium heat..
- When the pork is 80% cooked, add sugar, mirin and soy sauce and caramelize it. Add ginger too..
- On a plate of sliced cabbages, set along the pork. Done!!.
Serve the Ginger Pork Shogayaki over Calrose rice with the chopped romaine lettuce. Make Ginger Pork Shogayaki right in the comfort of your home kitchen with this authentic Japanese recipe and helpful cooking tips. Shogayaki ginger pork is the quintessential ginger based Japanese dish, made by cooking thinly sliced pork, grated or finely sliced fresh ginger and chopped onions together in a sweet soy based. The ginger sauce is far more important than the pork used in Shogayaki! Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat and saute the pork slices on one side until each is a light brown color.