boiled cabbage. Boiled cabbage is an excellent way to take advantage of the vegetable's nutrients. Cabbage is packed with vitamins C and K, and a good source of potassium, magnesium, and phytonutrients. My mother always boiled her cabbage from start to finish and so I just automatically did the same Here is how I cook my basic cabbage.
Green cabbage: The classic green cabbage has wide fan-like leaves that have a waxy rubber feel when raw. This is just a basic boiled cabbage. Boiled cabbage doesn't need to be boring. You can cook boiled cabbage using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of boiled cabbage
- You need 1 large of head of cabbage.
- It's 2 quart of chicken broth, leftover from vinegar and salt chicen wings.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of concord grape wine.
- It's 1 of salt to taste.
You can prepare flavorful cabbage with the addition of a couple Admittedly, there are a lot of jokes when it comes to boiled cabbage. The boiled cabbage process is complete; take the contents out of the pot onto a plate and garnish with coriander. Boiled Cabbage recipe: When I boiled our cabbage for New Year's, I added a little of the fat from our ham to the water I boiled the cabbage in and it was a huge hit with my husband. A deliciously healthy boiled cabbage with the simplest of ingredients!
boiled cabbage instructions
- bring to boil broth wine with salt when it boiling look over you cabbage wash well can be gritty remove UNdesired leaves. chop into small squares add to boiling broth the reason is if you do this to any greens they shrink right away easier to work with the wine adds nutrients and acid if you like substitute with vinegar, both also makes cabbage and any greens tender like kale collards mustard greens and so on..
- cook till your desired tenderness optional add just a little sugar if taste is harsh to your pallid.
- good broth on a cold and rainy day..
About this video: Jennifer Mac shares boiling cabbage, boiled cabbage, and best boiled cabbage. - Boil it: Think corned beef and cabbage or cabbage soup. In this cooking method, you'll use the crunch almost completely. - Roast it: This one is our go-to. Cabbage is a leafy vegetable that, just like any of its kind, has a fair amount of nutrients intact. It is a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber, too. Boiled Cabbage with Bacon. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.