Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage). Fry bacon (preferably in a cast iron pan). Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage) Recipe by MsKipper. One bite of my beloved Grandma Lil's old-school, delicate and outrageous stuffed cabbage does that to me every time.
ONE POT CHICKEN TACOS in the INSTANT POT fast delicious electric pressure cooker taco FOR BEGINNERS Sweet potato French Fries fried in the AirFryer Power Air Fryer XL EXCELLENT! how to Fried Cabbage, Sausage & Onions ~ Easy Cornbread Too! This Indian cabbage and peas stir fry goes by many different names including bandh gobi matar or patta gobi matar. I've mentioned this several times in previous blog posts, but the great thing about cooking Indian vegetables in an Instant Pot is that they don't all have to be some sort of veg curry. You can have Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage) using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage)
- Prepare 5 slice of of thick bacon (I like pepper bacon).
- You need 1 small of head of cabbage.
- Prepare 4 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 small of onion (minced).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It's 1 packages of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
I see all this experimenting at Lays with crazy flavors like Fried Chicken with Waffles and other wild notions, but Ketchup never appears, even though Lays I miss this Canadian delicacy!! Deliciously Easy Instant Pot Fried Rice Recipe (Pressure Cooker Fried Rice) made with few simple ingredients. Fragrant Chinese Egg Fried Rice is a simple yet highly adaptable side dish or weeknight meal. The Best Fried Rice comes from a piping hot wok.
Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage) step by step
- fry bacon (preferably in a cast iron pan).
- while bacon is frying cut up cabbage into 1" slices. The core can be used for coleslaw or thrown away. cut potatoes into pieces. salt and pepper potatoes. add minced onion to potatoes and also mix with potatoes..
- once bacon is done, remove from skillet..
- put cabbage in and stir to make sure cabbage is covered with bacon drippings. wilt cabbage. should be on Med ....
- salt and light peppering of the cabbage..
- lay potatoes on top of cabbage..
- pour chicken broth over the cabbage mixture. cabbage makes a lot if liquid so 1/4 broth is plenty. turn down to Med/ low.....
- cut up Sausage into bite size pieces and lay on top of potatoes ..my husband is spoiled cause you can lay large pieces of sausage on top!!!.
- poke a whole into each Sausage link with a long fork.this is not necessary if you cut in bite size pieces...cover.....
- let cook until potatoes are done. to check this poke potatoes with a fork..
- *** this was taught to me by a neighbor that I believe was of German decent.. She said that she and her husband worked and she would make this meal because it was fast and easy ... my husband and I bought the house next door.. she would be sitting in the porch and I would go over and sit with her for hours.. she was a wonderful cheerleader... she passed away 2 yrs ago... and though her name was Mary ... her family called her Mimmy and she asked that I do to... I loved her so much...
Dutch winter meal: stamppot of potatoes, cabbage and carrots, with sausages close-up on a plate. vertical view from abov. "I honestly found the post creative.so I'm either missing the issue or it was blown out of proportion," read one of the top-liked replies on Instagram. KFC is far from alone in taking heat for publishing social media posts deemed racially insensitive. This Egg Fried Cabbage dish is one of my favourite favourite things to eat at the moment. Substitutions for Egg Fried Cabbage. pantry-friendly - given cabbage and eggs will keep for weeks and weeks in the fridge, this is [ractically a pantry recipe. A small tray of Fried Dumplings 🤤 Fried dumplings are the perfect side for almost any dish, we love Fried Dumplings with Ackee & Saltfish. by Miss G.