Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie.
You can cook Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie
- Prepare 2 of 5 oz Salmon Fillets.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 each of Shallots, minced.
- It's 1/4 cup of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Clam Juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sherry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 of 8oz Lobster Meat, cut into 1" chunks.
- Prepare 4 each of Scallops, halved or quartered depending on size, divided.
- It's 1/4 cup of Peas, thawed.
- You need 1 of Egg Yolk.
- It's 1 tbsp of Milk.
- It's 2 of Puff Pastry.
Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie step by step
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper..
- Place your salmon fillets into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal the bag..
- Cook in a water bath at 41 C (106 F) for approximately 25 minutes or core temperature of 40 C (104 F) **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, add shallots and celery, and sweat..
- Add the potatoes and continue to sweat for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in the flour to coat all the vegetables..
- Add the Sherry and tomato sauce, stir to blend..
- Gradually whisk in the clam juice and cream until blended..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stir frequently..
- Add the lobster and peas, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- Open the pouch of salmon and place 1 salmon fillet into each small baking dish..
- Pour the lobster sauce into the baking dishes, equally, almost to cover salmon..
- Place half the scallops around salmon and the remainder in the second dish..
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl..
- Brush the rim of the baking dishes with the egg wash..
- Place a portion piece of puff pastry on top of the dish and press down the sides..
- Brush the puff pastry with more egg wash..
- Place the baking dishes on a sheet tray..
- Cook in the oven until heated through, puffed and golden brown. Approximately 30 minutes..