SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS. How to make Spicy Asian Pork Cabbage Rolls: First, you'll need to make a V-shaped cut out of the bottom of each leaf. This makes the cabbage leaf easier to roll up and provides two "flaps" to place over the meat. Give the broccoli slaw a quick blanch in the boiling water you used for the cabbage.
Core the remaining cabbage and chop it very fine. Sprinkle it with the salt and set aside in. Cabbage rolls are easy to make and delicious - fragrant with garlic, ginger, five spice and toasted sesame oil. You can cook SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS
- You need 1 head of Napa Cabbage.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's of sauce.
- It's 8 oz of tomato sauce or condescended tomato soup.
- You need 3 tbsp of hoison sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce or Franks hot sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey or syrup.
- Prepare of filling.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion diced.
- You need 2 stick of celery, diced.
- It's 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It's 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken, ground raw.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstartch.
- You need 1/3 of aneheim pepper..... or 1 chili pepper.
This recipe is a twist on something I grew up on - cabbage rolls. I say it's a twist as I flavoured them with ginger, Chinese five spice and soy sauce, which is certainly not the way we eat. Chinese Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe Welcome to Chinese Cooking. My name is Xiao Wei, even at a early age I have always had a strong passion for Cooking.
SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS step by step
- REMOVE THE 12 OUTER LEAVES OF THE NAPA CABBAGE... cut up the REMAINDER of the medium head.... into strips and sprinkle salt on cabbage in a colander and set in the sink. let cabbage sit for 30 minutes..
- ***** DO NOT CUT UP THE 12 LEAVES REMOVED (added after review).
- spray a 3 qt casserole dish.... set aside and preheat oven to 400°.
- cut heavy vein so that leaf lays flat...
- immerse leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes until leaf is limp... allow to cool...
- rinse the cut up cabbage in the colander . . and allow to drain in sink...
- *** the second time I made these I used condensed tomato soup (just cheap) because I was out of sauce.... OMG ....VERY GOOD!!!!.
- mix all the items for filling in bowl EXCEPT THE CABBAGE IN THE COLANDER.
- sprinkle cornstarch ... and mix by hand.
- RINSE THE SALT OFF THE CABBAGE IN COLANDER !!!!.
- after the cabbage has drained add to meat .. add 1/3 cup of sauce . reserve the remainder of sauce to cover rolls.... mix and mix by hand.
- use cabbage leaves and put 1/2 cup of filling in the cabbage.. roll and set in pan seam side down..
- **** roll mixture from tip of leaf to bottom of leaf....
- lay in casserole dish and cover with sauce.... casserole dish should hold 12 rolls... bake covered for 20 minutes.... uncover and cook 15 minutes more....
- **** they also freeze.... I make my rolls then wrap individually with clear wrap... I put them in a Ziploc bag.... so that I am able to pull out whenever.....
This recipe for Asian Cabbage Rolls with Spicy Pork from Faith Durand's Not Your Mother's Casseroles takes a savory, gingery approach with a filling inspired by Chinese dumplings. Instead of white cabbage, these rolls are made with lacy Napa cabbage. The head has bigger leaves, making. Cabbage roll recipes are everywhere on the internet but many of them are cooked in tomato-based soup. My cabbage rolls are cooked in clear chicken broth.