Slow Cooker Smothered Cabbage. This Slow Cooker Cabbage Recipe is as easy as it comes. Using The Crock Pot was perfect for this Cabbage Recipe since I was at work for most of this cook. When you have cabbage ready to pick in the garden it is time to make Cabbage Soup.
The ingredients to this easy crock pot recipe are a corned beef brisket. Add the lid to the slow cooker. You can choose when to add your cabbage. You can have Slow Cooker Smothered Cabbage using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Smothered Cabbage
- Prepare 1 large of head cabbage(cleaned and chopped).
- Prepare 4 medium of red potatoes (med. diced).
- It's 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 lb of cajun or smoked sausage, cut up.
- It's 6 slice of cooked bacon, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of season all.
- It's 1 tbsp of cajun season(Zatarain's, Slap Ya Mama, Cajun Land, Tony's...etc.)cut in half if you like it less spicy.
- It's 1 dash of hot sauce.
This crock pot meal is hands down one of my favorite cabbage recipes! Cabbage in my opinion is a underrated Add ingredients to the slow cooker in this order: cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onion and Sweet Italian Sausage. Pour chicken broth on top of all the ingredients. This easy recipe teams cabbage with stewed tomatoes and onion for a delicious and fuss-free slow cooker side dish.
Slow Cooker Smothered Cabbage instructions
- Throw everything together in crockpot, stir and cook on low for 6 hours..
- Serve over steamed white rice..
- Can be served as a side. Great with baked or broiled pork chops..
Tomato soup along with the stewed tomatoes makes a nice sauce with the cabbage, and the onion and celery salt add flavor. Tender cabbage leaves are stuffed with a classic beef and rice filling and slow-cooked in a sweet-and-sour tomato sauce. While you can certainly make cabbage rolls after you get home on a weeknight, cabbage rolls can also be simmered until deliciously tender in the slow cooker all day long and. Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup. by Holly. Cabbage Soup is one of our favorite recipes all year long!