Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage. This Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and SO delicious and comforting. This easy cabbage soup recipe is also easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, if you prefer. This cabbage and potato soup will warm and satisfy you on the coldest days of winter.
All Reviews for Carrot, Potato, and Cabbage Soup. In a large skillet, over medium heat melt butter. I traced this hearty soup recipe to my great-grandmother, whose parents were potato farmers in Ireland. You can have Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage using 16 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage
- You need of Add to Crockpot in this order so vegetables do not get too soft.
- It's 10 small of red potaoes.
- It's 1 bunch of carrots uncut washed, peeled.
- Prepare 2 of Stalks of washed celery chopped.
- It's 2 of Yellow squash cut in half and seeded (this can be omitted).
- It's 1/2 bunch of or more of fresh Basil to yout liking.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried onion or freshly chopped 1 cup.
- It's 1 tbsp of dried parsley or use fresh (use more).
- You need 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt, or any salt will do.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 head of white cabbage chopped.
Add the water, cabbage, potatoes, bouillon, pepper and garlic. Add the vegetables and potatoes, season well, the reduce the heat and cover the pan. While the soup is cooking, grill or fry the bacon until it is crisp. Shred the cabbage, discarding the core.
Potatoe Soup w/Cabbage step by step
- I keep the skins on the potatoes and wash them in a vinegar solution for 10 minutes. About a Tbs of vinegar to the water will kill most organisms. Put everything in Crockpot except cabbage, milk, evaporated milk butter and Flour. Set to low for 8 - 10 hours, high is about 4 hours. Much later, Use the liquid in the Crockpot plus add a little more water to cover the cabbage in a pan and cook on high boiling until soft (about 10 minutes). You can also add the cabbage in the beginning. I boil it to get it soft. Then add to Crockpot. Roux: Heat 1 stick butter, 1 can evaporated Milk, 1/2 cup Milk, then add 1 cup flour and stir until thickened, then quickly add to Crockpot, turn to high, stir then let cook for another hour with lid on. Stir and serve with your favorite toppings: bacon, cooked ham, cheddar cheese, green onion, etc. I also had a loaf of bakery garlic bread that was in the fridge that needed to be eaten. Enjoy, I know my family did! yummy and creamy!.
Ham, Potato & Cabbage Soup. to favorites. I used a little more cabbage and potato and only one onion. Even my kids who don't like cabbage liked it. If you try this Cabbage, Potato & White Bean Soup recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment and rate it below.