Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage. This Crockpot Italian sausage soup recipe is hearty, filling, and full of flavor. I used mild Italian sausages, but feel free to use hot ones or any other uncooked sausage that you fancy. Pro tip: I didn't brown the sausage before adding it to the Crockpot, but you can definitely do that if you wish!
A unique combination of stuffed bell peppers and cabbage rolls. Another one of our favorite crock pot recipes! Recipes like these are my life hacks for clean eating with unprocessed food! You can cook Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage
- Prepare 7 of Italian sausages.
- It's 2 of Cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each).
- You need 3 of Chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 4 of Cups warm water.
- Prepare 2 of bags steamfresh carrots.
- It's 4 of medium diced potatoes.
- It's 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, diced.
- It's 1 of head of green cabbage, diced.
- You need of Spices.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- It's 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
This delicious and updated version of crock pot Italian sausage and peppers cook in the slow cooker, so you come home to a wonderfully warming meal. You can use other types of sausage in this recipe too if you'd like. Polish sausage would be wonderful, and you don't need to saute it before adding it to. I used a local brand of Italian Sausage (Isernio's) that is free of Gluten, MSG and anything artificial.
Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage instructions
- Turn crockpot on High. Empty cans of diced tomatoes and all spices listed..
- Dissolve 3 bouillion cubes in the 4 cups of warm water..
- Dice potatoes and add to crockpot. Microwave steamfresh carrots 5 minutes each bag and add to crockpot..
- Cook sausage in a skillet with onion and pepper. I added a small amount of water to skillet..
- Slice sausage once cooked and cooled. Add to crockpot. Add cooked onion and pepper as well as leftover juices from skillet to crockpot..
- Dice cabbage and add half to crockpot. My 6 quart crockpot was full to overflowing. Cook 6 hours on high or until potatoes are tender..
- Once done, I plan on taking some liquid from the pot and cooking the rest of the cabbage in a skillet to add to the crockpot to extend the amount..
Be sure to read your labels carefully and note that the seasonings in the brand you They love cabbage and sausage. Next time, though, I'm going to try throwing it all in the crockpot. This recipe for Crock-Pot Cabbage, Kielbasa Sausage and Potatoes is delicious, easy to make and frugal too. Cabbage Sausage And Potatoes Crock Pot Recipes. Try this simple and quick crock pot sausage and peppers recipe.