Fried cabbage. This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. My mom cooks it all the time because it requires minimum preparation and chopping but it yields a very flavorful dish.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage is the best, quick recipe for shredded and pan fried green cabbage. This post outlines how to fry cabbage using bacon and onions for flavor. You can cook Fried cabbage using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried cabbage
- You need 1 head of cabbage, cleaned and sliced.
- It's of butter.
- You need 1 packages of knorr concentrated chicken stock.
- You need of salt.
- It's of pepper.
- It's of crushed red pepper.
This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and. Pressure cooker fried cabbage will be your new favorite meal if you love steamed cabbage with bacon! Don't you love your Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi?
Fried cabbage instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sliced cabbage, making sure to coat completely in butter.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- As it starts cooking down, add in the concentrated chicken stock.
- Continue cooking, stirring often until all cabbage is tender and you start seeing slight signs of browning.
Fried cabbage and noodles is simple comfort food at its finest! If you're a fan of plain buttered noodles with salt and pepper, you've got to try adding caramelized onions and sautéed cabbage into the mix. Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!! Tips for preparing the Southern Fried Cabbage.