Cabbage soup. Reviews for: Photos of Healing Cabbage Soup. This Cabbage Soup recipe is one of the few recipes that you can sit down and eat as much as you want as often as you want and you can feel great about it! To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices.
I've been making cabbage soup for years because it's the perfect thing to make when it's. Cabbage Soup from Delish.com is vegetarian without your realizing. The vegetables are abundant in this soup, but if you're especially against any of them, feel free to leave them out. You can have Cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage soup
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- It's 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 1 of large head cabbage, chopped.
- It's 2 (48 Oz) of box or can Swanson chicken broth.
- It's 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each or to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 3 of potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 packages (14 oz.) of smoked sausage or kielbasa sliced.
Cabbage soup, a tasty and easy way to include more vegetables into your diet. It's low in calories, but extremely flavorful. Cabbage soup is extremely delicious and easy to make at home. The basic cabbage soup happens to be delicious, whether you follow the diet or not.
Cabbage soup step by step
- Add flour and cabbage, cabbage will wilt down after about 8 to 10 minutes..
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and carrot. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add spices mix together..
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Taste for spices. Add more if needed. Also add the bay leaf..
- Simmer for about an hour when about 15 minutes left add the sausage. Enjoy!.
Go ahead and make it with beans, ground meat, or chicken if you're not dieting. Cabbage Soup with beans: Throw in some pre-cooked beans, or a cup of lentils to cook in with the Cabbage Soup with vegetables: Some cooks like adding some chopped tomatoes or shredded beets. Cabbage soup can be comfort food or a weight loss tool, depending on how you look at it. Either way, it's a healthy, delicious concoction that's quite easy to put together. Do you remember the cabbage soup diet?