Egg topped southern fried cabbage. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar Cabbage is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite veggies.
Ooey gooey cobbler topped with a delicious crunchy crust? We just love us some cobblers all year long! Don't let the "fried" part scare you off. You can cook Egg topped southern fried cabbage using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg topped southern fried cabbage
- You need 1 of Duck Egg (or chicken etc).
- Prepare 1 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ghee (or grass-fed butter).
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 1/4 head of cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ACV.
- It's of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Some folks hear "fried" in relation to Southern food and they automatically Place chopped cabbage in skillet and crumple cooked bacon on top of it. I like to add cider vinegar and dried pepper flakes We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and braising or stewing, being cooked. When you get cheap cabbage, you want to buy several heads. And then you wonder what on earth to Cabbage and bacon sounded like a cozy and delicious combo.
Egg topped southern fried cabbage instructions
- Cut bacon and fry in cast iron skillet with extra bacon fat..
- Add onions and ghee/butter to skillet, and let the onions brown..
- Add chopped or shredded cabbage to skillet and stir around. Cover and let cook 20 minutes or until soft..
- Add raw apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to plate..
- Cook egg in desired fashion to top cabbage. I prefer crispy fried egg in olive oil..
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Once hot, turn off heat. Crack egg in skillet. With spoon, ladle hot oil over uncooked areas. When edges are crispy, transfer egg to plate.
That brought into my mind Southern Fried Cabbage, which features both of them as well as. Substitutions for Egg Fried Cabbage. pantry-friendly - given cabbage and eggs will keep for weeks and weeks in the fridge, this is [ractically a pantry recipe. egg-free - cook cabbage and season with soy sauce. Serve with lashings of grated parmesan or as a side to cooked chicken. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage is the best, quick recipe for shredded and pan fried green cabbage. This post outlines how to fry cabbage using bacon and onions for flavor.