Fried cabbage. This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. My mom cooks it all the time because it requires minimum preparation and chopping but it yields a very flavorful dish.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage is the best, quick recipe for shredded and pan fried green cabbage. This post outlines how to fry cabbage using bacon and onions for flavor. You can cook Fried cabbage using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried cabbage
- You need 1 large of head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 stick of margarine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and. Pressure cooker fried cabbage will be your new favorite meal if you love steamed cabbage with bacon! Don't you love your Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi?
Fried cabbage instructions
- Heat oil and margarine. Add chopped cabbage.
- Caramelize the cabbage add salt. Simmer for 25 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add chicken broth. Simmer 15 minutes. Add onion powder stir. Remove from heat..
- Serve with last tablespoon of vinegar.
Fried cabbage and noodles is simple comfort food at its finest! If you're a fan of plain buttered noodles with salt and pepper, you've got to try adding caramelized onions and sautéed cabbage into the mix. Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!! Tips for preparing the Southern Fried Cabbage.