Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup.
You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup
- It's 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of Long grain brown rice (NOT Instant).
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Spanish paprika.
- It's 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 of medium white onion, food processor with garlic.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, in food processor with onion.
- You need 4 of carrots, shredded.
- You need 1 of large head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz).
- It's 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz).
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- It's 3 tbsp of dill weed.
Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup step by step
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium-high heat with butter in the pan. Add the rice and toss to coat. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender..
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Brown the meats 2 to 3 minutes. Season the meat with allspice, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper..
- Add bay leaf, onions, garlic and carrots. Cook veggies 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften them, then add cabbage and wilt it down a bit..
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked rice, chicken broth, dill, and cilantro. combine all ingredients..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste, and serve..