Fried cabbage. This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. My mom cooks it all the time because it requires minimum preparation and chopping but it yields a very flavorful dish.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage is the best, quick recipe for shredded and pan fried green cabbage. This post outlines how to fry cabbage using bacon and onions for flavor. You can cook Fried cabbage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried cabbage
- It's 1 of large head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 stick of salted butter.
- You need 1 pack of bacon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of vegetable oil.
- It's 2 cups of water.
- You need clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 4 of chicken bullion cubes.
This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and. Pressure cooker fried cabbage will be your new favorite meal if you love steamed cabbage with bacon! Don't you love your Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi?
Fried cabbage step by step
- Chop up onion and bacon put onto a deep pot brown bacon and onion.
- Add oil and water along with all seasonings and spices bring to a boil.
- Chop cabbage and add to pot.
- Keep cabbage at a constant boil (on medium) so it will not burn ....cover pot.
- Stir every 10 minutes or so for 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!!!!.
Fried cabbage and noodles is simple comfort food at its finest! If you're a fan of plain buttered noodles with salt and pepper, you've got to try adding caramelized onions and sautéed cabbage into the mix. Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!! Tips for preparing the Southern Fried Cabbage.