Polish Kielbasa and Cabbage. Kielbasa and Cabbage come together to form a perfect Polish summer hunter's stew. It's made from young cabbage, that is at its peak at the begging of the summer, with the addition of smoky Polish sausage and fragrant dill. Heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering.
My mother's family made the journey from Poland to America during the Great Depression. Although they carried with them only a few material possessions, they brought a wealth of their regional Polish culinary knowledge. Cabbage cooked in bacon drippings and seasoned with garlic, red pepper flakes and caraway seeds makes a cozy nest for smoked Polish-style sausage in this homey, hearty, and satisfying supper. You can have Polish Kielbasa and Cabbage using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Polish Kielbasa and Cabbage
- Prepare 3 TBSP. of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 TBSP. of minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 lb. of Kielbasa sliced.
- It's 1 of small Bell Pepper chopped.
- It's 1 of small head of Cabbage quartered.
The Best Cabbage Kielbasa Polish Recipes on Yummly Polish Sausage With Cabbage, Kielbasa Cabbage Dijon, Kielbasa And Chicken Gumbo. Cabbage and kielbasa in one dish, how can you resist? Discover a simple slow cooker recipe that puts a wholesome casserole on the dinner table.
Polish Kielbasa and Cabbage step by step
- Stir fry onions, garlic, and bell pepper in butter..
- Add chicken broth to stir fry mix..
- In separate pan, stir-fry Kielbasa till browned..
- Add stirfry, chicken broth, and Kielbasa to crockpot..
- Add cabbage quarters to crockpot. Cook on high until cabbage is done to your liking. (Approximately 2.5 hours).
This slow cooker recipe is simple and pairs kielbasa with fresh cabbage, potato, and onion. Polish Kielbasa Leeks & Cabbage Soup. My grandmother was Polish and made this often. It's great for a one-pot meal. Add the cabbage and turnips to the saucepot along with the broth, water, bay leaf, caraway seeds, salt, and sugar substitute.