Cabbage roll stew. A head of cabbage seems like it never ends. Here's a delicious way to use it up. Cabbage Roll Stew Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Want to try. more. by TMcMichael. cabbage roll taste made on stove top. A cabbage roll is a dish consisting of cooked cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. It is common to the cuisines of the Central, Northern. You can have Cabbage roll stew using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage roll stew
- Prepare 4 of carrots diced.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 4 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of medium head green cabbage chopped and cored.
- You need 2 cans of diced Italian stewed tomatoes 14.5 ounce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 6 cups of beef broth.
- It's 1 of and one half cups V8 or other vegetable juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
Cajun Cabbage Stew - a stew of ground pork or beef, andouille sausage, cabbage, the trinity of onions, bell pepper and Cajun Cabbage Stew. There isn't anything Earth shattering about this stew. Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a family-pleasing main dish Nutritional Information. Unstuffed cabbage roll soup has all the great flavors of traditional cabbage rolls, without all the fuss.
Cabbage roll stew step by step
- In a large pot Brown ground beef and ground pork then remove and set aside.
- In the same pot saute onions celery carrots and garlic.
- Add chop cabbage cook until slightly softened about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and pork back in along with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil cover reduce heat to simmer. Simmer about 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste..
As the rice sits it will keep absorbing more of the broth. Cabbage Roll Casserole is an easy family favorite that combines all the delicious flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort. Cabbage Roll Casserole is an easy family favorite. Cabbage, onion, beef and bacon all tenderly prepared in a rich beef and tomato broth, slowly simmered in your crock pot. Stuffed cabbage rolls are a traditional Simchat Torah food because two of the little rolls side by side look For families that have a tradition to eat dinner after hakafot, like mine, cabbage rolls are great.