Corned Beef and Cabbage.
You can have Corned Beef and Cabbage using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and Cabbage
- It's 2 of large onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1-3/4 lb of lean corned beef brisket, trimmed.
- You need 4 of carrots, cut into 2" pieces.
- It's 4 of all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces.
- Prepare 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- You need 1-1/2 lb of head green cabbage, cored and cut into wedges.
- Prepare 1-1/4 c of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of dry mustard.
Corned Beef and Cabbage instructions
- In 5- or 6-quart crock pot, layer onions, beef, carrots, potatoes, thyme and cabbage. Pour broth over cabbage then sprinkle mustard on top..
- Cover and cook until meat and veggies are fork tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low..
- Transfer beef to platter and cut into 16 slices. Place veggies around meat..