Corned Beef and "Cabbage".
You can have Corned Beef and "Cabbage" using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and "Cabbage"
- Prepare of Corned Beef.
- You need 2.5 lb of Corned Beef w/Packet.
- It's 12 of Whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It's 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 12 oz of Dark Beer (Optional).
- Prepare of -.
- You need of Smashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of Red Potatoes.
- It's 1/3 of Chopped Parsley.
- You need 2 of tbps Butter.
- It's 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of tbps Milk (Possibly more, until creamy).
- It's of -.
- It's of Brussel Sprouts (Cabbage).
- You need 14 of Brussel Sprouts.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Kale.
- It's 2 of tbps Chopped Walnuts.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of stock - chicken or beef.
Corned Beef and "Cabbage" step by step
- Place corned beef, packet, Peppercorns, Bay leaves, Apple cider vinegar and beer in large pot. Add water until beef is slightly submerged. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cover with lid. Cook 15 minutes for every 1/2lb of beef.
- Cube potatoes then add to a pot. Fill with water and then bring to boil on stove. Cook potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes..
- Drain soft potatoes in colander. Put in a large bowl then add parsley, butter and seasonings. Mash with fork or masher tool, slowly add milk while mashing until desired consistency. Cover bowl with foil until ready to serve.
- Cut Brussels in half, add to pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat on high for 6 minutes stirring occasionally until browned..
- Add stock to Brussels then add walnuts and chopped kale. Mix together and turn off heat. Cover until ready to serve..
- Remove corned beef from pot and transfer to cutting board. Slice thin against grain. Plate Brussels, potatoes and beef and serve!.