Ceviche - Tilapia. Tilapia Ceviche is a tangy, tart, and bursting with flavor appetizer of Central and South America. Tender whitefish is "cooked" in lime juice and then served with salty pastry cups. Tilapia Ceviche. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
It's a very delicious Ceviche, I'm using tilapia and shrimp but you could use whatever fish. Ceviche is one of the We recommend freshwater raw blue tilapia for this recipe as it has a more fresh and vibrant look. Note: The acidity of the lime juice cooks, or cures, the tilapia. You can have Ceviche - Tilapia using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ceviche - Tilapia
- It's 1 lb. of tilapia fillets.
- It's 7 of limes, juice - some reserved.
- Prepare 4 of plum tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1 of cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper, roughly diced.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, roughly chopped (optional).
- It's to taste of Salt / pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of clam-tomato juice (recommended: Clamato).
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of bottled hot sauce, optional.
- You need 1/3 cup of orange juice, non-pulp.
Remove from the refrigerator, do not drain. Chop onion, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeños and add it into the marinated fish. Place the tilapia in a medium bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lime halves over the fish and mix gently to combine.
Ceviche - Tilapia instructions
- Place the wrapped tilapia in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up for better slicing. Cut fillets in lengthwise slices about 1/2 inch. Then cut these slices 1/2 inch crosswise for cubed pieces..
- Put the tilapia on a large flat plate with raised sides. Pour the lime juice over the fish and mix. The acidity of the juice “cooks” the fish. Chill in the refrigerator until the fish is white throughout, minimum 1 hour. Mix periodically..
- Take the plum tomatoes, slice ends off and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon. Slice 1/2 inch lengthwise then cut crosswise again 1/2 inch to make diced pieces. Place in a medium size bowl..
- Take cucumber, cut both ends off, and then peel. Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut lengthwise again, then crosswise, similar in size with the tomatoes and add to the bowl..
- Chop up finely the red onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, and place in bowl. *Avocado can be added. Drizzle lightly with lemon juice to preserve color. Salt & pepper lightly..
- Add the chopped cilantro, clam-tomato juice, a dash of reserved lime juice, hot sauce, and lightly mix again. Lightly cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes..
- Remove the tilapia from the refrigerator and drain off the juice. Add the orange juice, wait a few minutes, then gently squeeze the fish with your hand to remove all excess juice. Add the fish to the bowl and lightly mix. Cover and chill for 15 minutes..
- To serve, place bowl on a platter and put corn tortilla chips around the side of the bowl. Note: I use purple chips for added contrasting color..
Spread the tostadas generously with mayonnaise. By frac in Cooking Main Course. Ceviche from Peru uses a powdered yellow paprika called aji amarillo. Really worth it if you can find it. El ceviche es quizás el plato peruano más difundido en el extranjero.