Apple Cabbage Kielbasa.
You can cook Apple Cabbage Kielbasa using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Cabbage Kielbasa
- You need 14 oz of Kielbasa - sliced to 1/4" rounds.
- You need 1 of small head green cabbage - cored, quartered cut to 1/2" strips.
- You need 2 of granny smith apples - cored, peeled, cut to 1/2" cubes.
- It's 1/3 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
Apple Cabbage Kielbasa instructions
- Heat a large deep sided sautée pan over medium high heat. Add just 1 tsp olive oil and kielbasa. Cook until Kielbasa begins to brown, about 5-7 minutes..
- Stir in cabbage. If you want softer apples, add them now too. If you want firmer apples, add them halfway through simmering during step 4..
- Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Sautée 5 more minutes, stirring often. Add chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid vented..
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, or until cabbage and apples are cooked to your desired consistency. Stir in honey and red pepper flakes to finish. Enjoy!.