Cabbage and sausage soup. This Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and SO delicious and comforting. This easy cabbage soup recipe is also easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, if you prefer. I love the way cabbage tastes in a soup.
Garlic, onion, carrot, dried thyme, chicken bouillon, a little brown sugar, and caraway seeds (optional) flavor the soup. Reviews for: Photos of Cabbage and Smoked Sausage Soup. Wife was hinting that she would like sausage and cabbage soup (she told me to make it). You can cook Cabbage and sausage soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and sausage soup
- You need 400-500 gr of Sausages.
- It's 400-500 gr of Potatoes.
- You need 500 gr of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1-2 pcs of Leeks.
- You need 1-2 pcs of Carrots.
- Prepare of Celery stalks 2-3 pcs.
- You need of Garlic 3-4 gloves.
- Prepare 1.5-2 l of Chicken stock.
- It's of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare leaf of Bay.
- You need of Pepper, salt.
I found this reciipe and chose to try this instead of our usual, and she is glad I did, so am I. Have you noticed I have been making a lot of soups with sausage or ground meat lately? I have and I have to say, I don't see this trend stopping anytime soon. It is just so convenient and makes throwing together a pot of soup so much quicker.
Cabbage and sausage soup instructions
- Add some vegetable oil to a large stockpot. Cut sausages add to stockpot and cook over medium-heat stirring and flipping occasionally until lightly browned. Transfer the sausages to a separate plate, and set aside. Add the vegetable, leeks, carrots and celery and stir to combine. Saute for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the cabbage and garlic, and saute for some more minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the stock, potatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, cooked sausage, pepper, salt and stir to combine. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked and tender..
- Step by step video https://youtu.be/D_aBnuK5djY?sub_confirmation=1.
This Italian Sausage and Cabbage Soup was born out of. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned. This cabbage soup recipe is all kinds of comforting, plus it's super easy to make and full of amazing flavors. :) CABBAGE, SAUSAGE & POTATO SOUP RECIPE. More a stew than a soup, it uses Savoy cabbage (you could also use Napa cabbage), which is milder than regular cabbage, Italian sausage, white beans, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese. I'm so used to German treatments of cabbage, I'm surprised at how good this stew is with the Italian sausage.