"Unstuffed cabbage". Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a family-pleasing main dish perfect for weeknights. We took everything you love about traditional stuffed cabbage and turned it into a crowd-friendly, no-fuss. These Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls make the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
When my youngest saw me make this easy unstuffed cabbage soup recipe, she wanted to eat it immediately. These UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS have all the flavor of a traditional cabbage roll with minimal Let the cabbage cook down until it's nice and tender. These unstuffed cabbage rolls are ready to eat. You can cook "Unstuffed cabbage" using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Unstuffed cabbage"
- It's of Olive oil.
- It's 3 spoonfuls of minced garlic.
- Prepare A few of slices of green pepper.
- You need Half of head green cabbage.
- Prepare 3/4 of of a yellow onion.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- It's 14.5 oz of can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilies.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked white rice (pref medium grain).
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole is everything you love about a traditional cabbage roll recipe, minus the tedious Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole. Being born and raised in Ukraine, I know a. I made this in the Instant Pot but you can easily make this on the stove, simply double the cooking time. I added some cooked rice to them as my parents always make stuffed.
"Unstuffed cabbage" instructions
- Pour some olive oil in a deep pan. Chop onion, pepper & cabbage. Add garlic, onion, pepper & cabbage into pan. Sprinkle with a little more olive oil, add salt, pepper & garlic powder to your taste. Saute on medium hit until soft (about 5-10min).
- Add ground beef. Change heat to medium-high. Brown meat. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Add chicken broth, can of tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, 3 splashes of teriyaki, 5 splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rice and extra seasonings if needed. Put lid on & reduce heat to low. Let cook 25-30min. Stir at 15 & 20 min mark..
- Check at 25min, if rice is still not done, cook for another 5min. Enjoy!.
I common recipe for my German side of my family was Stuffed Cabbage. This recipe is similar but much easier to prepare. I like this recipe because the. Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. This flavorful "unstuffed cabbage" is a simmered ground beef and cabbage combination made with Savoy cabbage is another option for this casserole.