Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage.
You can cook Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage
- Prepare 1 lb of dried black eyed peas.
- It's 2 cups of frozen or fresh bell peppers and onion.
- You need 16 oz of Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Cubbed ham.
- You need Tbsp of salt.
- You need Tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare Tsp of ground thyme.
- You need Tsp of salt-free Tony Chachere’s.
- You need of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of red or green cabbage (quartered).
- It's Tbsp of peppercorns.
- It's of Water.
Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage instructions
- Boil black eyed peas in about twice as much water for 10 minutes and then turn off the burner and cover for 1 hour..
- After allowing peas to rest, add 16oz of low-sodium chicken stock and about one cup of water. Also add bell peppers and onion, all seasonings and simmer for about an hour, or until peas are mostly tender..
- Once peas reach desired tenderness, add cubbed ham, about a cup and a half, and simmer on low heat until ready to serve..
- Start your rice (approx 20 minutes) and cabbage (approx 30 minutes)!!.
- For cabbage, add a cup of water to a pot with a tbsp of peppercorns, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and canbbage. Simmer on medium-high heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the entire cabbage wedge is tender..
- Serve black eyed peas over rice with a side of cabbage! ENJOY 😊.