Melts in Your Mouth! CABBAGE ROLLS【Recipe Video】.
You can cook Melts in Your Mouth! CABBAGE ROLLS【Recipe Video】 using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Melts in Your Mouth! CABBAGE ROLLS【Recipe Video】
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage.
- Prepare 400 g of / 14 oz ground meat (pork and beef).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (large).
- You need 20 g (0.7 oz) of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 25 g of / 0.9 oz panko (bread crumbs).
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of ■Soup.
- It's 3 cubes of chicken stock bouillon (Maggi bouillon).
- It's 700 ml (24 fl oz) of hot water.
- You need 40 ml (1.4 fl oz) of white wine.
- You need 3 leaves of bay leaf.
- It's of salt to taste (2-3 pinches of salt).
- It's of ■Others.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It's 100 g (3.5 oz) of bacon.
Melts in Your Mouth! CABBAGE ROLLS【Recipe Video】 step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/VB123nYKgEY.
- Chop onion into fine pieces. Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Put the chopped onion in it and fry until soft; set aside..
- Remove the cabbage core from 1 head cabbage. Put water and dash of salt in a large pot and put the cabbage with the cut part down. Heat it over medium heat..
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Leave it for a minute, and turn the cabbage upside down. Peel leaves off the cabbage while cooking over low heat..
- Thin the thick stem on cabbage leaves. Pat dry with paper towel..
- Put bouillon cubes in a bowl. Add 700 ml hot water and stir well until cubes melted. Transfer 100ml of the bouillon into a container, let it cool; set aside..
- Put ground meat and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Knead well for 3-4 mins until sticky. Add 100ml of bouillon in several additions and knead well until combined..
- Add the fried onion, panko (bread crumbs), an egg and black pepper. Mix it until well combined..
- Divide it into 12 equal. Roll it into an oval shape between the palms of your hands..
- Lay a cabbage leaf and place the meat on the cabbage leaf near the stem. Fold the leaf up over the meat. Fold each of the sides toward the middle. Roll the meat up the rest of the leaf. You should roll it a little tightly..
- If you have some smaller leaves, overlap the leaves. Repeat with remaining meat and cabbage leaves..
- Cut a carrot into 5cm / 2” sticks. Cut bacon into small pieces..
- Place each cabbage roll on a pan, seam-side down, without gaps. Fill the gaps with carrots and bacon. The pan should be jam-packed with cabbage rolls. (pan; diameter 26cm / 10'').
- Put Bay leaf. Pour 1/3 of the prepared bouillon in it. (If you put all in, roll cabbages will float and it will fall apart, so put 1/3 at first addition.) Pour white wine..
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low. Simmer it for about 60 minutes with a lid on..
- Add the remaining bouillon in 2 parts every about 15 mins. Sometimes skim off the scum. 1 hour later, put 2-3 pinches of salt in it while tasting. The salt brings out the flavor of the soup and power the taste..
- It's all done!.