Fried Cabbage & Bacon. This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. My mom cooks it all the time because it requires minimum preparation and chopping but it yields a very flavorful dish.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage is the best, quick recipe for shredded and pan fried green cabbage. This post outlines how to fry cabbage using bacon and onions for flavor. You can cook Fried Cabbage & Bacon using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage & Bacon
- You need 1 Head of Cabbage.
- Prepare 6-8 Slices of if thick cut bacon.
- It's Half of Stick Butter.
- Prepare of Few Cloves Garlic.
- It's of Onion Powder.
- It's of Garlic Salt.
- It's of Black Pepper.
- It's of Chicken Stock.
This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and. Pressure cooker fried cabbage will be your new favorite meal if you love steamed cabbage with bacon! Don't you love your Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi?
Fried Cabbage & Bacon step by step
- Core your cabbage and slice it up. Put in a strainer or colander or whatever and wash it. Let it drain for a bit..
- Start cooking down the bacon with the garlic. You don’t have to incinerate it. You’re just trying to get the fat out of it to pan fry the cabbage..
- When you’ve got the fat rendered out of the bacon, throw the cabbage in and season it well. (I go a little heavier than usual on the salt because it’s going to steam afterwards). Throw the butter on top of the cabbage and cover with lid. When the butter has melted, stir it up and continue to fry until it’s got some colour. Add about a half cup of stock, cover and steam until evaporated and fork tender. If it’s not fork tender, (it can have a little crunch) add more stock and keep steaming..
- When liquid is evaporated and cabbage is tender, heat it with some high heat, mixing with tongs frequently. It’ll give it the last bit of colour to bring it home..
Fried cabbage and noodles is simple comfort food at its finest! If you're a fan of plain buttered noodles with salt and pepper, you've got to try adding caramelized onions and sautéed cabbage into the mix. Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!! Tips for preparing the Southern Fried Cabbage.