Cabbage chutney. the recipe for cabbage chutney is shared by sahana hebbar from the usa. she has chutney then add green chilies while frying cabbage. make sure to not to add red chilies if you are adding green. This cabbage chutney can be served with rava idli or dosa or uttapams. You can also serve it as side chutney along with dal-rice or sambar-rice.
I had very less cabbage lying in my refrigerator which was not. In Indian cuisine, while tomato chutney and coriander-mint chutney hold the top spots for popularity, almost any vegetable and fruit can be made into a chutney. Cabbage Chutney - A simple, healthy and nutritious Indian dish, easy to make restaurant style Chutney at home! You can have Cabbage chutney using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage chutney
- It's 1 of medium size onion chopped (1 cup).
- Prepare 1 of small size tomato chopped.
- You need 2 cup of cabbage finely chopped.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- Prepare 3 of red chilly.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut.
- You need 1 of small gooseberry size tamarind.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp oil.
- You need of Salt as required.
Learn how to make Cabbage Chutney, find the steps and ingredients on Vaya.in. Cabbage chutney is commonly prepared dishes with cabbage a fresh, healthy, delicious and easy to make chutney that goes well with South Indian breakfast. Cabbage chutney recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. This cabbage chutney can be served with either dose or idli or rice.
Cabbage chutney instructions
- Take onion and cabbage in 1:2 ratio..
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil and roast Urad dal, curry leaves and red chilly. Keep aside..
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and Sauté onion until it becomes soft..
- Add cabbage and sauté until it gets cooked. It takes 5 to 10 mins in medium to high flame..
- Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft..
- Add salt, tamarind and coconut. Stir it once and switch off the flame..
- Cool it and grind everything into coarse paste..
- Serve with idli, dosa or rice..
Cabbage chutney is prepared using red chili, urad dal. How this cabbage Chutney is made without coconut and onion? Because the cabbage has a great fibrous This is the recipe for spicy cabbage Chutney. But if you want to make it less spicy, then. An innovative chutney recipe with shredded or grated cabbage, cabbage chutney is an amazing accompaniment to meals or snacks.