Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy. Sautéed bok choy and a bed of fluffy jasmine rice and round out this satisfying dinner. Garnish with the green tops of the scallions and remaining sesame seeds. Tonight's video from Blue Apron is the Sesame Chicken w/ Bok Choy & Jasmine Rice.
Add bok choy salad and dressing. Hoisin marmalade chicken is a true hero dinner. We've always loved it served over rice, so we developed a way to cook the rice right in the sheet pan. You can have Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy
- It's of Chicken.
- You need of Chicken 3-4 boneless, skinless chicekn.
- You need of Eggs: 3 eggs- whisked.
- It's of Cornstarch: 1/3 cup of CS.
- Prepare of Flour: 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It's of Sauce.
- Prepare of Orang juice: 1 cup orange juice.
- It's of Sugar: 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of Rice Vinegar/ white vinegar: 2 tablespoons of RV or WV.
- You need of Soy Sauce: 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ginger: 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder: 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder or garlic cloves.
- You need of Red pepper flakes: 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes.
- You need of Orange Zest from 1 orange.
- Prepare of Corn starch: 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need of Garnish.
- It's of Green Onions.
- Prepare of Orange Zest.
- You need of Baby Bok Choy.
Carrots contribute another sweet element to the meal, and roasted crisp-tender baby bok choy adds a crunchy counterpoint. Recipe Pairing Guides » Chicken Recipes » Turkey-Jasmine Rice Meatballs with Baby Bok Choy. Grilled Asian Pork Chops and Baby Bok Choy Recipe. Stir-Fried Bok Choy and Mizuna with Tofu Recipe.
Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy step by step
- Sauce: In a medium pot, add the OJ, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper chili flakes. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl. Mix and whisk the cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of water to form a paste. Then add to orange sauce and whisk together. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Once the sauce is thickened, remove heat and then add orange zest..
- To make chicken: Place flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Add salt if needed.
- Break and whisk the eggs in a separate dish..
- Dip chicken pieces in the mixture of egg and then flour mixture..
- In a medium pan with oil cook the chicken until golden brown. If greasy place chicken in paper towel. DO not cook chicken with orange sauce (will cause it to be gooey). Pour orange sauce on chicken and garnish chicken with orange zest and green onion. Use the leftover sauce on rice..
- Toss chicken with orange sauce. You may reserve some of the sauce to place on rice. Serve it with a sprinkling of green onion and orange zest, if so desired..
- Baby Bok Choy: wash and dry, then place BBC in medium pan with olive oil with lid until soft and roasted. Removed lip until seared on both sides..
Baby bok choy is a very versatile vegetable that you may have encountered in stir-fries in Chinese restaurants. Baby bok choy can be found at most Asian markets or better grocery stores in the produce aisle. Choose heads with full, dark leaves, and white stalks with no brown spots. This chicken stir fry is made with chicken breast and baby bok choy. You can also substitute the bok choy with broccoli, asparagus, kale, or other green leafy vegetables if you like.