Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon. Subscribe to my channel and press the. Whilst pork is cooking, remove crisp bacon from pan and replace with onions (leave bacon fat in pan). Sear the pork chops first, then bake them in this creamed cabbage and bacon sauce for maximum flavor.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over high heat. Stir in the chicken stock, Calvados, caraway seeds, bay leaves, salt. Taste cabbage and adjust seasonings to taste. You can cook Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon
- Prepare of Your desired ct pork chops.
- It's 1 can of yams.
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage.
- It's 1 of bg of season blend.
- It's of Gravy mix.
- You need of Cooked white rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 stick of room temp butter.
- It's 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
The first cabbage in should be wilted but not mushy. Tbought about pork chops tomorrow and last week I thought about fried cabbage, bought it and never used it. Now I have a meal that I can. Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor.
Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon instructions
- For the pork chops; add 2tbsp of cooking oil to skillet. Wash n season pork chops to your desire, brown them evenly. Sautee your season blend. Put pork chops back in the pot with season blend add water and let cook till tender. While cooking mix gravy mix n put to the side..
- For the cabbage; cut to your desire size and rinse cabbage good, set aside. In a deep skillet add 2 tbsp oil to coat the pan, adr bacon and season blend to fry. After bacon is fried add cabbage stir till its starts getting tender. Add your seasoning of choice. Add 1/2 cup of water and place lid and let cook down till tender of your choice.
- For yams; open yams and pour into a pot along with the sugar and butter and allow to cook till tender and syrup is sticky lookin.
- After pork chops are tender add gravy mix n cook till thick to your choice. plate. With cooked rice, cabbage, n yams and enjoy😋.
Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. If your idea of a pork chop is a thin, dry, little piece of rubbery meat, you simply have not had the right. Home > Recipes > Meat Dishes > Smothered Pork Chops and Cabbage. Add cabbage and salt and pepper. Cover tightly, reduce heat, and steam until water is absorbed, then add remaining water.