steamed cabbage with bacon,ham, red potatos. In middle pot add the cabbage and olive oil mix up good. In top pot put the cut potatoes in. Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring with bacon drippings.
Step-by-Step. (b careful wen removing plastic wrap very hot steam inside) then put aside for a moment. Remove bacon n sauté onions n cabbage in drippings. ADD Salt n pepper n red pepper. You can cook steamed cabbage with bacon,ham, red potatos using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of steamed cabbage with bacon,ham, red potatos
- It's 1 packages of fresh cabbage.
- Prepare 1 lb of little red potatos.
- You need 1 packages of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of ham cubs.
Cabbage is fried with bacon, onion, and garlic for a side dish you'll want to eat again and again. Try some red Savoy cabbage with the green kind. It doesn't wilt so much and has a sweeter flavor. I'd like to see a good recipe for baked beans, Southern Style!
steamed cabbage with bacon,ham, red potatos instructions
- In the 3 pot steamer add water to bottum pot.
- cut up potatoes.
- in middle pot add the cabbage and olive oil mix up good.
- in top pot put the cut potatoes in.
- fry the ham in a pan and when a light brown starts showing up put ham in pot with potatos.
- then cut bacon in half and fry.
- when the cabbage and potatoes and ham almost done add the bacon to the ham and potato pot and let finish cooking.
- put all ingredients when done in a big bowl together add pepper mix and eat.
This red cabbage recipe with bacon is a German and Austrian sweet-and-sour staple served with pork chops, spätzle, or sausage. Bacon actually holds up quite well in the freezer, though its peak flavor quality will only last one to two months. To freeze, you may keep the bacon in its original packaging. This boiled cabbage with bacon is a real family-pleaser. The cabbage and bacon is a simple combination of ingredients but packs loads of flavor.