Fried Cabbage, Potatoes and Ham(optional). Fry the diced ham up first. (with olive oil and butter) Once it's browned, add the chopped cabbage and onion. I made this last night and my husband loved it. I added a couple of potatoes and a Scotch bonnet pepper with it.
When the bacon is crispy, take it out of the pan and leave the bacon drippings. Add the potatoes, cabbage, four cloves garlic, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Ham, potatoes and cabbage. you just can't go wrong! You can cook Fried Cabbage, Potatoes and Ham(optional) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage, Potatoes and Ham(optional)
- It's 1 head of of Cabbage.
- It's 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of diced cooked ham (optional).
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
- It's 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Salt (optional).
You must start this dish in the morning. You can make the dish faster by using water and Cut cabbage head in half and pop out core. Clean potatoes, no need to peel, but do use a dish sponge scratchy side to scrub them really well--cut off. I slice the potatoes and ham and add fry it until the cabbage gets a little brown color on it.
Fried Cabbage, Potatoes and Ham(optional) instructions
- Remove the first few leaves from the head of cabbage, then rinse it off along with the potatoes. You may peel the potatoes if you like. Core and chop up the cabbage, then the potatoes..
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting prepare the cabbage, potatoes and ham to be put in the skillet..
- After the butter is melted put the vegetables and ham in the skillet, stir them around to coat the ingredients with the butter and oil. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir every 5 minutes..
- After it's all done, season to your liking with salt, pepper, and garlic. Enjoy! Please leave a review if you enjoyed..
NOTE to the reviewer who can't find pork butt in her state - pork butt is actually the port UGC Reviews Modal. Reviews for: Photos of Dot's Ham, Cabbage, and Potatoes. Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring with bacon drippings. Cover with a lid and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing the lid to Great Flavors and Textures: Crispy bites of bacon complement the starchy potatoes, making this a tasty and comforting skillet dinner. Fried Cabbage, Potatoes and Ham(optional) Recipe by.