Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice.
You can have Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice using 20 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice
- It's 1 packages of chicken legs and thighs.
- It's 1 of Cabbage.
- Prepare 8 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of crushed pineapple.
- You need 1 can of mandarins.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper.
- It's 1 of red onion.
- It's of garlic powder.
- It's of lemon pepper.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It's 1 of mandarin juice.
- Prepare pinch of chopped cilantro.
- It's 6 slice of bacon.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and trim chicken of excess fat. Chop up garlic cloves. Cut bell peppers and onion. Place chicken into a baking pan. I place a few pieces of chopped garlic under the skin of chicken. Season chicken with salt, lemon pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper. Rub crushed pineapple onto chicken. Add mandarins, reserve juice in can. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Pour syrup mixture on top of chicken. Place in oven for 40 minutes. Cut bacon into small pieces and place in skillet to fry. Add 3 cloves garlic chopped. Cut cabbage into thin strips add to bacon and garlic. I added a few strips of red bell pepper. Season to taste. Cook for 10 minutes or unto desired tenderness. I also prepared white rice. And 2 boxes of huffy..