Cabbage, chicken, and bacon. Crispy and tender chicken with bacon and cabbage in a single skillet. [Photographs: J. Add mustard and vinegar and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits. Chicken Bacon Cabbage Skillet is a paleo and low carb dish that has amazing flavor and is made in one skillet.
Arrange the cabbage mixed with bacon alongside or around the chicken, draining it well to leave as much cooking liquid as possible in the pan. Briefly boil down the cooking liquid to thicken it slightly. Off heat, swirl in the butter bit by bit. You can have Cabbage, chicken, and bacon using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage, chicken, and bacon
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 large of head of cabbage.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- It's 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 6 large of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and the rest over the. This succulent Cabbage and Chicken is hearty, filling, and so delicious. I also cook vegetarian cabbage quite often. Southern Cabbage is an easy southern side that goes great with chicken and pork and makes a wonderful addition to a holiday meal.
Cabbage, chicken, and bacon instructions
- In a pot add broth and heat..
- Cut the cabbage. Add to broth add salt. Add chicken on top..
- Quarter the onion. Add the onion pieces around the edges. Cover top with bacon, cover till boiling. Stir well after 20 minutes..
- Beat the eggs and stir in as you pour the eggs in..
- Cover and continue to cook 10 minutes. Cover let sit 15 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Cabbage is slow cooked until tender in chicken broth flavored with bacon and onion, plus a few red pepper flakes if you want some heat. If you're vegetarian, just swap in a couple tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Looking for a hearty vegetable side that comes together quick? Try this fried cabbage on for size! Forget Your Diet And Eat This Chicken Fried Bacon.