Roasted Pork in Sauerkraut. Searing the pork roast in butter creates a rich brown crust. Finish your pork roast with apples and sauerkraut for a warming fall meal. Place browned pork roast in slow cooker; add sauerkraut mixture.
Apple Cider Pork Roast With Sauerkraut & ApplesJust a Pinch. Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Sauerkraut In BeerCDKitchen. beer, pork roast, soy sauce, sauerkraut, garlic pepper. Try this easy recipe with me. You can have Roasted Pork in Sauerkraut using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Pork in Sauerkraut
- Prepare 56 ounces of sauerkraut.
- It's 4-1/2 pound of pork shoulder with bone in.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of salt.
Pork is topped with sauerkraut, apple, and onion and roasted for several hours in this hearty dish traditionally served on New Year's. The traditional meal consists of pork and sauerkraut served together, with sauerkraut representing luck and the pig representing rooting into the New Year. Cut onion into wedges and tuck around roast in bottom of pan, and a few across the top. The last and most important step. put the pork drippings and.
Roasted Pork in Sauerkraut instructions
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a skillet hot and sear every side of the pork. After each side is seared rub with salt every side..
- Take half the sauerkraut and add to pan to get all the drippings and bits of pork..
- Add all the sauerkraut to the pork in a roaster. This should take around 15 minutes..
- Roast the pork and sauerkraut in the oven for 5 hours covered..
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!.
DIRECTIONS Place pork roast in crock pot. Pork roast and sauerkraut are a classic combination; the sharpness of sauerkraut complements the richness of the pork. Cabbage, a cruciferous vegetable, is high in vitamins A and C and provides a rich source of antioxidants. The pickling process of sauerkraut, whereby the cabbage ferments in its own. Place entire jar of sauerkraut in bottom of crock pot.