Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative. Add your favorite taco toppings--pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado and jalapeño--and never miss the extra carbs and Taco Tuesday goes low-carb with a tortilla made of veggies. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative.
It's a simple, flavorful Mexican inspired soup that's loaded with fresh ingredients. Smear a little pesto on each of the tortillas. Divide chicken mixture equally among the tortillas. You can cook Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas
- It's 1 pound of shredded cabbage.
- It's 1 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 pint of water.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground annatto powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ground paprika.
- It's 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of large red onion diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- It's 1/2 of large yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 of large red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely diced parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 12 of medium-sized flour tortillas.
- It's 1-2 of medium limes cut into wedges.
Roll up bottom third of tortilla. The Best Chicken Tortilla Wraps Recipes on Yummly Succulent cabbage sauteed with tender chicken and vegetables. I also cook vegetarian cabbage quite often.
Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas instructions
- In a pot add the water, spices, raisins, celery and peppers. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Slice the chicken and add.
- Simmer 15 minutes covered shred the chicken and add the onion. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more..
- Add the cabbage, cilantro, and parsley, and stir.
- Add tomato paste and sugar, simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust spices..
- Heat tortillas and serve with lime wedges..
- I hope you enjoy!.
- In the main picture I fried those tortillas till they rise and are crispy.
A couple of years ago, I decided to try it with chicken and it exceeded all my expectations. Remove from heat; remove chicken from pot and transfer to a platter. Put a lid on the pot and cover the chicken with plastic wrap. I had chicken breasts and cabbage on hand. I put these two ingredients in the search bar and this soup came up.